Sunday, November 7, 2010

singing

It's getting harder & harder to choose everyday and I'm afraid I'm going to forget something that I'm saving for another day. But today the winner is SINGING! If you know me at all you know that I love music and I love to sing at the top of my lungs despite my inability to always be in tune. Today at church was another morning that reminded me of why I love to sing, especially sing praises to my God. It's that time of the month when I'm especially emotional so I was tearing up even when the song was very happy and positive. One in particular, "I will rise," has such amazing lyrics about what it will be like when we get to Heaven and will rise in victory with our Lord. We get to rise on eagles wings, which is a picture I have always loved. We also sang one of the first worship songs I experienced at KCC . . . "You are Good." It has the lines, "You are good all the time, all the time you are good." Once a believer is able to really live by that truth it is so freeing. My first night of worship at KCC was so powerful and I finally started to allow myself to freely worship. I try not to ever hold myself back as I give all that I have to my God even if it's a little off key.

No comments:

Post a Comment