Sunday, November 14, 2010

encouragement

Today is a day I will give some shoutouts to some specific people I am so grateful for. The last few days pessimism has been ruling my heart, which makes me very sad. Thankfully God is always there to resotre what Satan has stolen from us! These people have been so faithful to encourage me throughout my first season of coaching. I'm sorry for not always accepting your kind words without my own disdain, but know I am eternally grateful!

Brittany and I started together at Taylor in 2005, both beginning our careers in the college coaching ranks. Boy did we learn a lot! Those three years I was there were exhausting and fulfilling all the same. Britt is still there taking TUVB to the National tournament for the 2nd straight year. She has been faithful to God's calling and God has given her such great passion and vision. Throughout all this she has been faithful to encourage me as I begin my first head coaching position. Her words are always so timely and I know I can always count on her. I'm so grateful for her mentorship, friendship, and being able to learn how to be a God-fearing wife and mother.

Joe (and Rox) took a chance on me when I was a junior in college when they asked me to join their staff at EK. They saw something special in me and have taught me so much about coaching. Over the last 8 years they have become my GR family and now even more so my friends. I know I can always call Joe when I need advice on something. The thing I am most grateful for is that he never misses an opportunity to encourage me in my work. I don't do things for praise, but he is always there to give it. I cherish each and every word and do not take them for granted.

My dear roommate Karen who has seen me at my worst and my best shared more joy for me when I got my new position than I think I had for myself. She is always willing to brag for me and truly loves watching me do things that I dearly love. We have been through much together and God has used each of us to learn important lesson. We are certainly not perfect, but we have learned that our friendship is certainly worth all the struggles. I'm excited to encourage her through the transition she is facing up ahead. I'm so thankful to have a friend like her!

My mom and I have been through almost 29 years together. We too have seen each other at our worst and our best. I am so grateful for how she has helped me to do everything I've ever dreamed and she has always been my biggest fan. I love her dearly and am so grateful for her.

I can't spend all day writing about all the wonderful people in my life because there are many. And I'm sitting in public and am already starting to tear up! These are just a few that I am thankful for!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Megs, your blogs make me so happy, and your ability to reflect on both good and bad times with such grace is something I am envious of. Don't ever forget that I am SO grateful for YOU, too! (whether we're at our best or worst..:))

    ReplyDelete