Monday, December 6, 2010

small town america

This weekend was so busy! I drove around 500 miles in my poor car. However, for a majority of those hours I got to listen to one of the local radio stations that I grew up with. Over this weekend every year they have a telethon to benefit an organization called We Care. This organization helped over 3700 families in the community of Kokomo wh owere in need last year. It's a little cheesy, but listening to it made me so grateful to have grown up in an area where these fundraisers work and are so powerful. I felt very blessed to have gotten to listen to it this weekend and yes, I may have teared up a bit when they were reading off the final totals. Over just the auction and the donations from other events this year they raised over $225,000. They will get in at least $50,000 more over the next week. Very cool . . . although it seems to happen a lot at this time of year and not throughout all 12 months it is nice to see others give till it hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment